Journey is on a mission to help all people live happier, healthier lives. We believe in the power of human connection so we're creating the world's largest meditation community, both online and off.
We believe that meditation is more powerful when done with others so we’re building the world’s first group meditation app - think Peloton for meditation. We just raised our first institutional round so it is an exciting time for us as we scale our team, our clients, and, most importantly, our impact.
We’re seeking an iOS Developer to join our engineering team in bringing live group meditation to the masses.
You’ll work hand-in-hand with our Head of Engineering, bringing product vision to reality. You’ll spend your days deep in code, thinking through features in response to user feedback, and of course taking time out to meditate!
If you’re seeking to leverage your technical skills to build something that makes the world a better, more whole place, this is the opportunity for you!
About Journey Meditation
Journey is on a mission to help all people live happier, healthier, less stressed lives. Currently in 13 cities and quickly growing, Journey’s heart and soul is its supportive and inclusive community. We teach group meditation classes in local communities, organizations around the world, and through the Journey app.
Our company culture is immensely important to us and we look for people who will support and build it.
We are an emotionally safe environment where we show up authentically and bring our whole self to work. We feel safe to take risks, be vulnerable in front of each other, and make mistakes.
We believe in continuous personal and professional growth and we will do our part to help you on that journey. Feedback is not helpful but required. Only through open, compassionate feedback can we grow. We trust our team fully and our business information is shared openly with all team members.
Journey is an equal opportunity employer, and we make a particular effort to recruit women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ communities, veterans, and people with disabilities.
In this job, you will (or want to learn!):
- Enjoy working on mobile apps at all levels – from networking up to user interfaces and everything in between
- Build high availability and highly resilient systems which can play high quality live streamed video no matter the network or device conditions
- Work with product managers and designers to iterate on and define product scope and design
- Demonstrate ability to deliver high quality code
- Experience working with designers and product managers in an agile environment
Languages and technologies we use (and teach)...
- Experience with ReSwift
- Experience with Interface Builder and Auto Layout
- Experience with HLS and AVPlayer
- Experience writing efficient Unit Test
What makes you a great fit for this role:
- You have a proven track record to deliver bug free feature on time.
- You’re equally comfortable collaborating with peers on product vision as you are coding out features to meet customer needs
- You enjoy mindfulness, meditation and love engaging others in discussions about the benefits of a more holistic approach to life and work
- Work within our product teams to build new exciting features
- Implement pixel perfect designs with advanced animations
- Improve our code base through continuous refactoring
- Solve challenging real-time data transfer and synchronization problems
- Keep up to date with the state-of-the-art of iOS development
- Keep the iOS code source documented and easy to understand
- Bonus Points: Experience with Open Source code (please provide your GitHub handle, Stack Overflow etc...)
- More Bonus Points!: Experience writing Blog posts about technology (please provide links)
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance. Journey contributes to a portion of the medical insurance premium, provided through Aetna.
- Work from Home. To provide flexibility, all team members can work from home one day per week.
- Vacation Days. Team members receive 3 weeks of paid vacation
- Wisdom Money. Team members receive $1,000 per year to spend on personal development activities, such as meditation classes and retreats, as they see fit.
- Complimentary Journey Classes & Courses. Team members can participate in unlimited number of Journey classes and courses.