Head of Growth
Journey Meditation is on a mission to help all people live happier, healthier lives. We believe in the power of human connection, and that meditation is more impactful when done with others. We're building the world’s largest meditation community, both online and off, and recently launched Journey LIVE, the world’s first group meditation app. TechCrunch called us "Peloton for Meditation" and AlleyWatch said we're "A Meditation Studio in the Palm of Your Hand".
We’re seeking a passionate Head of Growth to lead our acquisition, engagement, and retention efforts. You will develop and execute the strategy to maximize acquisition and retention rates, and work closely with our Founder & CEO, Head of Product, and Head of Marketing to evolve our product offering. This is a highly cross-functional role, requiring skills in marketing, customer success, experimentation, analytics, and user insights. Because we are a small (but growing!) startup, you’ll get your hands dirty with data, while working high-level to craft the strategy.
About Journey Meditation
Journey is building a supportive, inclusive community that facilitates growth and connection. We teach in-person group meditation in organizations and communities around the world and offer daily guided classes digitally through the new Journey LIVE app. We’re currently teaching onsite in 20 cities and growing quickly. We recently raised our Seed Round from great investors, so it is an exciting time for us to scale our team, our clients, and, most importantly, our impact.
Our company culture is immensely important to us and we look for people who will support and build it. We are an emotionally safe environment where we show up authentically and bring our whole self to work. We feel safe to take risks, be vulnerable in front of each other, and make mistakes. We believe in continuous personal and professional growth and we will do our part to help you on that journey. Feedback is not helpful, but required. Only through open, compassionate feedback can we grow. We trust our team fully and our business information is shared openly with all team members. We are optimistic and see the glass as 3/4 full. We believe that the power of our mission and effort will allow us to flourish. We focus on strengths more than weaknesses and opportunities more than problems.
In this job, you will:
- Own customer acquisition function from strategy to tactical execution to future team development
- Manage all aspects of customer acquisition process including but not limited to coordinating with external agencies, team recruiting, vendor/tool selection, asset development
- Define our growth roadmap, including setting the strategic priorities for Journey
- Establish the acquisition, engagement, and retention KPIs
- Build dashboards to track KPIs and report to company to ensure alignment
- Set the direction of the data stack, including selecting the tools to measure the acquisition effort performance
- Analyze cohorts to understand the user and their journeys (no pun intended!) and help evolve the product to fit their needs
- Design tests and measure the efficiency and effectiveness of advertising campaigns across all channels
- Work closely with the Founder & CEO on projects and responsibilities core to the growth of the business
- You have at least 5-7 years of experience with 3+ working directly in growth
- You have excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills, with strong attention to detail and prioritization skills
- You have a very strong work ethic and can adapt to shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- You have high emotional intelligence and can empathize with our users to understand their needs
- You are resourceful and comfortable working in a small collaborative team
- You are highly proficient in Excel and Google Sheet and can work with large amounts of data
- You have experience with subscription business models and KPIs (big plus!)
- You have experience with mobile apps and familiarly with the tech stack (also a big plus)
- You have experience with SQL and business intelligence tools such as Looker and Tableau (small plus)
- You appreciate meditation and living a happy, balance life
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance: Journey contributes to a portion of the medical insurance premium, provided through Aetna
- Work from Home: To provide flexibility, all team members may work from home one day per week
- Paid Time Off: Team members receive 3 weeks of paid time off and unlimited unpaid personal days off
- Wisdom Money: Team members receive $1,000 per year to spend on personal development activities, such as meditation classes and retreats, as they see fit
- Complimentary Journey Classes & Courses: Team members can participate in unlimited number of Journey classes and courses